Thursday, January 25, 2007

"Super Hero" *Illustration Friday*


Happy New Year!
I haven't done this (Illustration Friday) for a while and I didn't really have time to color so i did a quick pass at it. This idea just kind of stuck me as funny! I remember as a kid I would do this and pretend I was flying. Until the day my face got too low and it slid on the dirt below...that was not fun! This makes me think about how now a days parks are WAY to kid friendly. What ever happened to Dirt, Grass & Asphalt. You know stuff that can hurt you but not kill you. Now the ground is all rubber and the play sets are plastic...back in my day they were metal. Remember sliding down a HOT metal slide...man those were the days!

10 Comments:

Blogger Larry Lee said...

I rememebr doing that when I was a kid. (The chins were shorter then ;-)
Also reminds me of a recent MythBusters where they tried to prove or disprove the ability to go 360 degrees around the swing.

1:42 PM  
Blogger rogĂ©rio said...

Very cool illo...good work.

1:58 PM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

Ha! ive done this and a hot metal slide in a skirt! Really great art and a very cool blog!

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great great great!

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never could get up the nerve to go really high, but I imagine this fella's face captures the feeling perfectly.

I really like the whimsical shapes here, like the clouds. Great cartoon.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Adrian Ropp said...

hahahahah!

Yes, every time I look at the severe burn scars on my legs from the metal slide, I chuckle and thing back to a simpler time. Kids these days!

Great drawing! Lots of fun!

8:28 PM  
Blogger psychopooch said...

yes, this is a fun illo! love ur style.

10:36 PM  
Blogger studio lolo said...

And what about the see-saw? Your "best" friend would jump off while you were suspended at the top and BOOM!! Excellent illo, but now I have to go back to therapy :)

11:26 PM  
Blogger Brandon Starr said...

I love it! Two small critiques though. His body is so cylindrical that when I first glanced at it
I didn't realize that was a swing seat but rather saw it as a giant version of one of those things they put around prisoners ankles and was thus confused as to why this flying boy was chained down. Secondly, the ties at the front of his shirt confused me as well. I honestly couldn't figure out what they were. Anyway, Once I had it all figured out I enjoyed the illo. Maybe I just get confused easily or haven't been getting enough sleep.

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the guy is really ugly.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home